This copy of a stock certificate belonged to Wilbur Lyman, who was a
brother-in-law of Rev. Luther Peck, the Wyalusing District presiding elder who
headed up the committee looking for a permanent campground site from September
1873 to April 1875. The president then was the Rev. Joshua S. Lewis, for whom
the Lewis Lodge on these grounds is named.
Incidentally, the name Wyalusing District Campmeeting Association was chosen because it had been set up initially to serve folks from parts of Bradford, Luzerne, Sullivan, Susquehanna and Wyoming Counties which comprised the Wyalusing District in the larger Methodist Episcopal Church's Wyoming Conference. However, in the year after the charter went into force the church decided to dissolve the geographical entity known as the Wyalusing District.